Custom Search
Romani Talk: Mission Statement
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 5, 2009

Mission Statement

I would like for this blog to serve a dual purpose within the Romanichal community. 


First, I would like it to be used in the manner a bulletin board would be used. I see this blog becoming a place where our people can come to get relevant news on happening events, such as upcoming birthday parties, wedding receptions, baby showers, etc... In other words, the who's, what's, when's and where's. 

I also see this blog being used as a place for notification of sickness, births, deaths, etc... I especially see it serving as a way to get word out on the status of someone dealing with an illness or, God forbid, an injury of some kind that would land them in the hospital. This would be a way for people around the country to get the latest without having to bother the family going through the situation. 

Because we, as Romanichals, rely sometimes on second, third and even fourth hand accounts of news, we tend to get things wrong at times. I absolutely DO NOT want that to be the case here. If it doesn't come from the horses mouth, or at least the cow standing next to the horse, then I WILL NOT post it. I would hate to hand out any bad information when it comes to such matters as will pertain to this blog.

My real goal is to have reliable "contributors" in all our Romanichal communities, who will be close to the news in their respective areas.  By "contributors" I mean someone I can, at least, rely on to call with relevant news, and/or possibly even being a posting teammate.

This blog site allows me, as administrator, to add people to the blog as contributing members. They will have the same abilities to post news as I do. So, if anyone would be interested in that, please let me know.

The second purpose I see for this blog would be for the occasional entertaining or fun article that will be written with a Romanichal theme. For an example of this, see below. I wrote that post and added those movie clips and trailers with entertainment in mind. Hopefully things such as this will interest and entertain you and not bore you to death. Either way, positive or negative, I would like to know how you feel about our posts.

Ok, I'm going to end this now, because you know as well as I do, Romanichals have the attention span of a flea. I'll be lucky if your even reading this right now....LOL. You probably quit somewhere in the 3rd paragraph. Yep, I'm probably looking pretty divya right now typing into thin air....LOL

Just kidding. I know you guys were captivated by my superior writing skills and couldn't turn away from the computer screen. LOL. Everyone out there take care and don't forget to click the "FOLLOW" button in the sidebar. Favorite this site and come back again. Pass it on to your friends and family.

I'll be typing at ya later, 
Bob the Blogger

1 comments:

Jennifer Carter said...

Are you Romani living in the US? My grandfather was the son of gypsies and I've been researching the Roma for a few years now. If you could help, please email me. Thanks!